SOLAR EDGE POWER OPTIMIZER ADDON
Maximise your solar panels
The SolarEdge power optimizer is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each PV module or embedded by module manufacturers, replacing the traditional solar junction box. The SolarEdge power optimizers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module individually. Furthermore, the power optimizers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring portal for enhanced, cost-effective module-level maintenance. Each power optimizer is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature which automatically shuts down modules’ DC voltage whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down.
The MPPT per module allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge Inverters, SolarEdge power optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems. The SolarEdge power optimizers are compatible with c-Si and thin-film modules and have a 25 year warranty.
P-Series Module Add-On Power Optimizer
|Power Optimizer P Model||Module Power||Module Voc|
*Also available with frames mounted in advance for quicker installation. Download datasheet
P-Series Commercial Power Optimizer
Commercial solution connecting two modules per power optimizer
|Power Optimizer Model||Module Power||Module Voc|
* Rated combined STC power of 2 modules connected in series. Module of up to +5% power tolerance allowed.
Module Embedded Power Optimizer
Embedded in each module by the module manufacturers, replacing the traditional solar junction box
|Power Optimizer Model||
Feature highlights of SolarEdge Power optimizers:
- Per-module Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of modules mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25 year reliability and warranty
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic module DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety
- Independent optimization technology (IndOP™) – allows operation with any inverter and requires no additional interface hardware
- Embedded by module manufacturers, or connected by installers to c-Si and thin-film modules
- Available with frames mounted in advance for quicker installation
How does it work?
When light energy strikes the solar cell, electrons are knocked loose from the atoms in the semiconductor material. If electrical conductors are attached to the positive and negative sides, forming an electrical circuit, the electrons can be captured in the form of an electric current — that is, electricity
A typical household just needs 4m by 2.5m (12 feet by 8 feet) of roof space to install such system, covering up to 12 units per day of their daily cost.
This option is a straight remuneration for each unit generated by the PV. Every unit generated is sold for 16c5. Any electricity consumed, whether imported as normal through the grid or generated by the Photovoltaic, is charged per normal applicable tariffs.
The main difference for Malta is that most polycrystalline modules perform better in hot climates due to a low temperature coefficient and colour. This can be seen in the datasheets under temperature coefficients.
We’ve partnered with the best manufacturers in the world to bring you top quality photovoltaic solutions. Your installation will be made up of quality components, including panels, inverter and racking system, and if that’s not enough we offer 25 year gurantee on our photovoltaic products.