The SolarEdge DC-AC PV inverter is specifically designed to work with the SolarEdge power optimizers. Because MPPT and voltage management are handled separately for each module by the power optimizer, the inverter is only responsible for DC to AC inversion. Consequently, it is a less complicated, more cost effective, more reliable solar inverter with a standard 12 year warranty, extendable to 20 or 25 years. The fixed string voltage ensures operation at the highest efficiency at all times independent of string length and temperature.
In addition to its functionality as a DC-optimized inverter, the single phase inverter also manages battery and system energy as part of SolarEdge’s battery storage solution.
- Solar inverters specifically designed to work with power optimizers
- 2.2kW to 6kW inverter range
- Superior efficiency
- Standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
- Built-in module-level monitoring receiver
- Communication to internet via Ethernet, wireless (Wi-Fi or ZigBee) or cellular connection
- Supports PV and battery management as part of the StorEdge solution
- IP65 / NEMA 3R – Outdoor and indoor installation
HD-Wave – A New Era for PV Inverters: ≤6kW, ≤10kg, 99% Efficiency
SolarEdge’s HD-Wave technology inverter, winner of the prestigious 2016 Intersolar award, breaks the mold of traditional inverters. Using a novel power conversion technology that is based on a distributed switching and powerful DSP processing, the HD-Wave technology inverter is able to synthesize a clean sine wave that leads to a dramatic reduction in the magnetics and heavy cooling elements. This small and lightweight inverter enables simplified shipping and storing and one-person installation. The record-breaking efficiency allows more energy production for an improved ROI.
HD-Wave Technology Components
HD-Wave vs. Traditional Technology
1) Distributed multi-level switching elements create a sine wave.
Powerful DSP processor synthesizes a clean sine wave
2) Less magnetics are required for filtering
3) Highly efficient design with minimal heat loss reduces cooling requirements
1) Today, inverter switching elements create a crude sine wave
2) Magnetics filder a sine wave
3) Metallic enclosures, cooling systems and fans dissipate heat